Registration Terms and Conditions
This document outlines the terms and conditions when registering for a Euro-IX event, such as the forums or workshops/hackathons.
Free Tickets for New Members
To bring new members together with existing ones and the IXP community, all new Members receive one free forum tickets. The tickets cover the cost of registration only. You will have to take care of your own transport and accommodation.
We advise you to register as early as possible for the Euro-IX forums, especially for Standard Members who benefit with paid accommodation as hotel rooms can be limited depending on location.
For all other attendees, if you cancel later than five working days before the meeting, we may have to charge you for the hotel room as we also get charged a late cancellation fee, for this we will send you an invoice.
Terms of Registration
- If the meeting is cancelled for any reason, Euro-IX shall refund all registration fees where necessary and already received. Euro-IX shall not be liable for any losses or damage suffered or incurred by the attendee or any other third party in regards to the cancellation of the meeting. Such losses or damage include, but are not limited to, loss of airfare, accommodation deposits or other associated costs or loss or damage to property.
- Euro-IX excludes all liability for any direct or indirect damages during or due to the meeting, including damages to the attendee, attendees business, loss of profit, damages to third parties, personal injury or damages to property, except in cases involving willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Euro-IX.
- The attendee allows Euro-IX to use and make available to the Membership any video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations or pictures that capture the attendee’s presence at and participation to the meeting. In case the attendee shares any video and/or audio recordings, photographs, presentations or pictures of the meeting on social media or any other channel, the attendee indemnifies Euro-IX of all possible or future claims of third parties regarding this material. Euro-IX shall not be liable for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts or any errors and mistranslations thereof.
- Euro-IX shall publish a list of attendees on the meeting website as part of its commitment to being open and transparent. These lists contain the name of the attendee, their organisation/ affiliation and country. Contact details (email address) is visible to logged in Members only. No other personal details is included. Other contact details or personal details may be added by the attendees themselves.
Liability - Euro-IX Forums
- The Registrant indemnifies Euro-IX for any third-party claims filed against Euro-IX in relation to the registration for Forums or for attending Forums or for any obligation arising out of these Terms and Conditions.
- Live transcript services and/or audio translations may be provided in some sessions of the Forums. Due to the inherent difficulties in capturing a live speaker's words, it is possible transcripts or audio translations may contain errors and mistranslations. Euro-IX accepts no liability for any event or action resulting from the content of the transcripts.
- In case the Registrant shares any video and/or audio recordings, photographs or presentations of the Forum on social media or any other channel, the Registrant indemnifies Euro-IX of all possible or future claims of third parties regarding the content.
- Euro-IX excludes all liability for any direct or indirect damages, including damages to the Registrant, Registrant's business, loss of profit, damages to third parties, personal injury or damages to property, except in cases involving wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Euro-IX or its management.
- Euro-IX shall not be liable for damages because of a failure to meet any obligation under these Terms and Conditions if such a failure is due to circumstances for which the Euro-IX is not considered accountable by law, contract or trade custom.
- Euro-IX shall, in any event, not be accountable for failures to perform resulting from force majeure, including but not limited to unusual weather conditions and earthquakes, terrorist attacks, governmental actions or measures and strikes.