- April 19, 2004 – April 20, 2004
April 19, 2004 – April 20, 2004
- Proposal submission
April 19, 2004 – April 20, 2004
- Berlin, Germany
- Host IXP(s)
- DE-CIX Management GmbH
Grand Hotel Esplanade, Berlin
Lützowufer 15, 10785 Berlin, Germany
Grand Hotel Esplanade
From Berlin Central Station
Take S-Bahn train S5, S7, or S75 heading towards Spandau to Zoologischer Garten station . Change there to bus line 100 heading towards Alexanderplatz. Leave the bus at stop Lützowplatz. 3 mins walk from Lützowplatz to the hotel. Journey time approx. 25 mins.
From Tegel Airport TXL
In front of Terminal A take bus line X9 heading towards Zoologischer Garten station. Change there to bus line 100 heading towards Alexanderplatz. Leave the bus at stop Lützowplatz. 3 mins walk from Lützowplatz to the hotel. Journey time approx. 30 mins.
From Schonefeld Airport SXF
Take the Airport Express (lines RE9, RE7 or RB 14) to Zoologischer Garten station. Change there to bus line 100 heading towards Alexanderplatz. Leave the bus at stop Lützowplatz. 3 mins walk from Lützowplatz to the hotel. Journey time approx. 60 mins.
April 19, 2004
Registration and access to meeting room
- Introduction from Euro-IX
- Introduction from DE-CIX
- Introduction from Extreme Networks
- Explanation of Forum Programme
- Update since 3rd Euro-IX Forum
Introductions from all member IXPsMember Introductions
General IXP issues - Mike Hughes
- Collect info for a BCP on IXP port security:
- MAC address limit
- STP guarding
- broad/multicast-storm limitation
- ARP watching
- Collect info for a BCP on Resilience & Optimisation
- how much resilience inside switches?
- how many switches?
- how many locations?
- how to optimise traffic flows (for saving trunk capacity)?
- Which methods are offered/used at various IXPs?
- Any new developments ?
- Who is using or planning to use a route server?
- Update on LINX White Paper on DDoS Defense
- Who is using or planning to use AntiDDoS gear/measures?
- Outline of the Regulatory Affairs monitoring service
- Demonstration of new Regulatory Affairs portal
- Overview of current topics
Customer view workshop
Neil Levine of Claranet and Neil McRae of COLT will share some insights from an IXP customer perspective.
6th Euro-IX General Meeting
- Agenda approval
- Approval of 5th GM minutes
- Presentation and approval of the Annual report for 2003
- Euro-IX Secretariat for 2005-2008
- Euro-IX Regulatory Services
- Aob & Next GM
Keynote Presentation - Michael Kende of Analysys Consulting
"Understanding the chaos" - what is really going on in the telco economic sector, is there a recovery, what is driving it?
Extreme Networks sponsored dinner
- Restaurant Kaefer
- Roof top of the German Parliament
April 20, 2004
IXP business tools - Richard Almeida
As a follow-up on the presentation by Bill Norton at the 3rd forum, Richard Almeida will elaborate on what XPE learned and either incorporated or ignored (and why).
Bench marking workshop
At the 3rd Forum in Lisbon, I proposed a benchmarking club. What is benchmarking? Benchmarking is the exchanging of data about your business to enable you to compare performance (or policies .).
A presentation on the Japan Network Access Point (JPNAP) and an overview of other IXPs in Japan.
Technical issues workshop - Tomas Marsalek
- Switch Wish List v2.0: Mike Hughes
- MD5 configs in Juniper & Cisco Routers & Quagga: Mike Hughes
- Sharing Experience IXP's members activity: "sharing" lab
with members, WG participation : Tomas Marsalek
- Extension capacity on IX backbone: - double 1gbps and
etherchannel bundle using WDM equipment X switch from 1GB to 10GB technology.
- Compatibility with non-cisco GBIC in future IOS : Tomas Marsalek
- Discount from Switch vendors for EURO-IX members : Tomas Marsalek
- IPv6 Allocation Policies and Issues
- Agenda Items for RIPE EIX-WG
- RIPE NCC Action Plan - input
This workshop is designed as an opportunity for IXPs to share some stories of things going wrong at their IXP and how they handled/mishandled these events!
Tools workshop - Ondrej Filip & Arnold Nipper
- IXP watch (LINX
- Implementation of Nagios (VIX)
- BENTO (Netnod)
- Inter Provider Network Analyzer (MIX)
- A software analyzer for IXPs (NIX.CZ)
- Monitoring tools at Netnod (Netnod)
- Monitoring tools at DE-CIX (DE-CIX)
- Marratech conferencing tool (LINX)
- Possible EU funded monitoring tool development project (LINX/MIX)
Unknown presenter Amsterdam , Netherlands