Proposal & Costs
Patron's access to and participation at Euro-IX forums:
- Two attendees per Patron will be given free access to Euro-IX forums. These forums are currently held twice a year at varying European locations.
- Patrons may distribute marketing material at the Euro-IX Forums.
- Patron attendees are encouraged to participate in all forum discussions.
- There may be scope to allow for a 'vendor' panel discussion on a specific topic at the forum. Vendors will be informed of the topics and the opportunity to participate, if it should arise, well in advance of the forum dates.
- Patrons will be given permission to access and download all presentations that are delivered during the forum.
Euro-IX website access and listing:
- Patrons will be given personal login accounts for access to the password protected area of the Euro-IX website.
- Patrons will have access to all but the most restricted parts of the member area of the website.
- Patrons will be listed on the Euro-IX website
- Patrons will receive an (self-updateable) individual page on Euro-IX website with the ability to add some key features about their organisation & products and a link through to their own website.
Use of Euro-IX logo:
- Patrons may use the Euro-IX logo on their website and on marketing material.
- Patrons may use words to the effect that they are financially assisting and working in partnership with Euro-IX and its member IXPs.
- Patrons will be permitted to subscribe individual e-mail addresses to the 'all at euro-ix' mailing list where Member IXPs and Associate Member IXPs alike will be represented.
- Patrons will be permitted to subscribe to the 'Switch vendor announcement' mailing list to announce, report and communicate with members on specific vendor issues.
NDA, sensitivity and confidentiality issues:
- The amount of openness at forums is important to Euro-IX and whilst we don't want to have this jeopardised, we also want the Patrons to have the assurance that they too can be open in front of all the forum attendees. Therefore Patrons will be asked to sign an NDA as part of the Patronage agreement.
- The NDA will cover all information that is communicated in mailing lists, forums, the password protected web pages and any other Euro-IX resources.
- The initial Euro-IX Patronage fee will be ten thousand euro (10.000 EUR), plus VAT where applicable, per annum.
- Patrons will be invoiced for the entire amount at the start of each calendar year.
- A Patron joining after the 30th of June will be requested to pay 50% of the annual patronage fee. The full patronage fee will be due at the next renewal.
- The General Meeting (GM) will approve the Patronage fee before teh 31st of October of each year. The GM may vote to raise or lower the Patronage fee.
- Prospective Patrons will be required to follow an application process in order to become Patrons of Euro-IX.
Ending of Patronage at Euro-IX:
- Patrons will be approached by Euro-IX three months before the end of the calendar year and asked to indicate if they intend to continue their Patronage with Euro-IX for the following year.
- Euro-IX must receive a communication from the Patron before the 31st of October that states that they want to cancel their Patronage as of the 31st of December of that same year; otherwise the Patron will be invoiced for the full 12 months of the following calendar year.
- The Board may terminate a Patron's membership if it feels that Patron has in anyway acted outside the terms and conditions that have been agreed upon or it is felt that the Patron is causing some harm to the Euro-IX community as a whole. No refunds will be given for any Patronage fees already received.
A PDF of the full Euro-IX Patronage Propsal is available here Becoming a Euro-IX Patron